Monday, November 7, 2011

MISS WORLD 2011: MY TAKE!

We have a new Miss World, the glamorous Ivian Sarcos from the pageant powerhouse of South America, Venezuela. And my girl Gwendolyn Ruais placed second! Wow! I really expected this one!

As customary with all the pageant fans worldwide, I have here my prediction list for Miss World. I got the winner, and nine others. See for yourself!

Miss World 2011: Venezuela, Ivian Sarcos
1st Princess: Ireland, Holly Carpenter
2nd Princess: Philippines, Gwendolyn Ruais

Top TEN
ARUBA- CANADA- INDIA- GUATEMALA- RUSSIA- KAZAKHSTAN- SWEDEN

Top TWENTY-FIVE
ARGENTINA- PUERTO RICO- BONAIRE- SPAIN- ENGLAND- BRAZIL- COLOMBIA- AUSTRALIA- ALBANIA- ST. BARTS- LEBANON- ITALY- EGYPT- USVI- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO- ZIMBABWE

(Countries in boldface placed in the semis)

The actual list was a bit better than mine, but I didn't like how Scotland stole the spots from Ireland and Aruba. Holly Carpenter was a hell lot of better than Scotland, and Aruba's performance is so stellar it's so confusing how they did not even make the top 30.

Miss Aruba Gillain Berry, photo courtesy of Missosology.

Missosology, the world's greatest pageant forum in my opinion, also predicted the win of Venezuela. See it!


I love how the Miss World Organization stepped it up this time. The scoreboard's a way to be transparent with the people, who are sometimes doubting about their bets placing or not. But still, it didn't show how a certain delegate advanced, or how did they even get that score. I also hate the selection of the top 15. I mean, last year's better; with all the delegates standing and waiting for their countries to be called.

I love the "Dances of the World" segment, wherein selected girls danced in front of the audience wearing their national costumes. Venezuela's a striking huntress, no wonder Jason Cook's smitten with her. Latvia's awesome, and South Africa's elegant.


Venezuela in a sexy huntress costume. Hot!

Overall, no apprehensions to the winners, and we all wished them a blessed reign ahead. Viva Venezuela y Puerto Rico, and Mabuhay Philippines!


No comments:

Post a Comment